Tips for a smooth Christmas Season at Portofino
The countdown has begun, it is now less than four weeks until Christmas. I hope that you have wonderful things planned for the festive season. As promised, I have some helpful tips listed below to make your Christmas at Portofino wonderful.
- If you are giving your loved one clothing this Christmas, please remember to see Tash at reception or the RN on duty to label all clothing before it is sent to the laundry unlabelled.
- If you are planning on taking your loved out over the Christmas period, please give us at least one weeks notice if possible. This will allow us time to ensure that we have everything needed for the break, including medications.
- If you are picking up your loved one on Christmas morning for the day, please let us know the expected pickup time so that we can assist your loved one to be ready on time.
- The Resident and Relative Christmas Party Lunch with entertainment is planned for Friday December 14 from 11am. Each resident can invite up to two visitors, please book with Tash at reception by the December 10.
- On Christmas Day, lunch and dinner will be served to residents not attending family functions on Christmas Day. The normal fee for visitors will apply and bookings (for visitors) must be made by Friday 21st December. Please see Tash at reception for catering purposes.
- Caffino will be closed on Christmas Day. It will open from 10am to 2pm on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. All other days, Caffino will operate as per normal schedule.
Finally, I would like to remind everyone that Christmas time can be stressful, so please be kind to each other. Wishing you a fabulous Christmas and New Year and I look forward to being of service throughout 2019.